Thursday, September 1, 2011

Enjoying My Family

On the days that I struggle with patience and love for my family are the days that I have an agenda to push through.  I fail to enjoy the stage that we are in now and only see the things that my family members still lack.  Not to mention my own shortcomings and lack of patience.  So, as a practice in preserving my patience I remind myself of things that I really enjoy about my family.

My husband is amazing at being understanding and serving me when my rheumatoid arthritis is flaring up.  He encourages, supports, and loves me even when I can't do a thing.
Hannah is becoming a young lady and is really fun to just hang out with.  She surprises me with really funny jokes, and amazes me with her fearlessness with any animals even snakes.
Gracie is a reader.  She reads constantly and has read many more classics than I have.  She is compassionate for those in need and is always willing to give even if it costs her. 
Jack is a bouncy and happy.  He is remarkably smart and active which is an awesome combination.  He is affectionate to me (even when I am frustrated with him) and genuinely loves with his whole heart, body, and soul.
Little Man is so curious.  He loves exploring but also loves snuggling.  He loves playing with the other kids. 

I love being with my family.  I am so thankful for each one of them. Loving and enjoying go hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment