Friday, February 1, 2013

All in

One of the questions I am asked as a foster mom is if I can hold part of my heart back with the reality that this little guy might be taken out of our home in the future.
NOPE.
I love with my whole heart, knowing that grief is a possibility.  Just like any foster child he is in our family.  He is loved.  He belongs.
I think he would eventually know the difference if I held back.  He has already had too much rejection in his little life.
How?  So many ask "How, can you do that?".  There is only one thing that would make it possible to love without reservation.  It is the One who does the same to me.  The One who adopted me into His family.
Ephesians 1:5-6:
...he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,  to the praise of his glorious grace...

He is the one who gives this to me because He loved me first.

3 comments:

  1. So true...God loves us unreservedly even knowing us so completely. What a beautiful picture of real love your family is loving out as you welcome these precious ones into your home. Bless you, dear ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully true. Thank you for sharing. Praying for you guys and enjoying all the sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 this!! awww!! Love that smile!

    ReplyDelete