Friday, November 4, 2011

Visits

Visits are just plain hard for foster kids and families.  They are the last right that parents have and are not taken away until the parental rights are severed or relinquished.  It is weird to feel two opposite feelings at the same time.  I feel excitement for the child knowing that no matter what they will always love their bio parents.  I feel good for the parents to finally see their child that they have missed out on seeing.  I feel protective of the child's heart if the parents doesn't show and if they do for how they interact with them.  Sometimes it is disappointing when the visit does go well since that means that we might have to say "good-bye" soon. It can also make me happy for the parents but protective for the child.  It is a dualistic emotional roller-coaster sometimes.  I want the bio parents to succeed and be re-united with their child and I also want them to fail quickly if they are going to fail so that the least amount of pain would be inflicted on the child.  But nobody really know if a parent is going to get their act together.  We just have to wait and see and endure visits.

2 comments:

  1. It takes an uncommon person to do an uncommon job. God has made you absolutely amazing to be his Hands and Feet for families in need. I can't think of a better way to spend the one life God has given you than to serve HIM in this way. If I were in the place of having messed my life up and needed to get it back on track while I had my children taken from me, I would sure want YOU to be the one who would care for my children. It takes a heart like Christ to minister to these families, and YOU definitely have that!! Wow!! What a job!! We Praise God that He has provided people like you to fill this need for so many fallen people. I wish there were more Christians who were willing to totally give up their lives for the sake of Christ, to love on the unloved and unlovable. And one day when you stand before Christ, He will say "Well done!" Thanks for blogging!! Love, Anna Foster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! I absolutely love your comment. Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete